A Year in Review
As I look ahead to the coming New Year and a new decade, I am prompted to pause and reflect upon an eventful and productive 2019. At Mansour Gavin, we not only consider and appreciate all that we accomplish for our clients, we are thankful for the diverse contributions of time and effort from many of our lawyers to make Greater Cleveland a better place. In addition to providing effective legal services, we encourage our lawyers to be servant leaders in the community. I am proud to say that Mansour Gavin has a number of servant leaders who are not only great lawyers, but are committed citizens who spend countless hours volunteering in the community and participating in public service.
- Bruce Rinker’s commitment as a commissioner of the Metroparks
- Mickey Quinlan’s longstanding work on the Board of The Up Side of Downs of Northeast Ohio;
- Ken Smith’s role as a Legal Aid Society Ambassador
- John Monroe’s Vice Chairmanship of the Board of Directors of Vocational Guidance Services of Northeast Ohio, as well as service on the City of Euclid Planning Commission
- Tracey McGurk’s leadership as a member of the Board of the Cleveland Public Library Foundation (and in 2019 celebrating the Library’s 150th Anniversary!) and as a Ladder Down participant with the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Amy Kullik’s long tenure on the Board of Directors of the Easter Seals of Northern Ohio and the Board of Directors for the Alzheimer’s Association Cleveland Area Chapter, again leading Mansour Gavin’s team for the 2019 Alzheimer’s Walk
- Veronica Garofoli’s advancement of the mission of UH’s Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital through her responsibilities as President of the Rainbow Babies and Children’s Foundation Associate Board, her role on the Associate Board of The Cleveland Pops Orchestra, and her participation as a Ladder Down participant with the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel;
- Jeff Embleton’s signature support of the American Heart Association, also serving as Chairman of the Great Rivers Affiliate
- Jim Budzik’s role with the Boy Scouts of America Troop 526
- Brendon Friesen’s advisory role on the Board of Trustees for the Aberdeen Community Master Association of Highland Heights
- Tim Boyko’s Chairmanship of the Board of Directors of the University Hospital Parma Medical Center
Service to our community is as valuable as service to our clients. This year, we designated Providence House to receive a special gift from the firm to support all of their incredible work for children in need.
This Holiday Season, I am grateful for the special opportunities to represent clients from all around the globe and for the special privilege of leading the great lawyers at Mansour Gavin who work so well to advance the interests of our clients, our community, and our profession.
I wish you and your families the best of health, happiness, and prosperity in this Holiday Season and the New Year as we enter the third decade of the 21 st Century.
Anthony J. Coyne
President of Mansour Gavin