Mansour Gavin’s public sector labor and employment attorneys have a strong reputation for providing practical and effective legal counsel to public sector entities including cities, counties, townships, and municipal agencies throughout the state of Ohio. Our attorneys have served, and continue to serve, as law directors, prosecutors, mayors, board members and/or advisors for local public sector entities.
The firm’s experience encompasses the defense of public sector employers in employment discrimination claims, wage and hour claims, and wrongful discharge claims in state and federal courts and administrative proceedings before federal and state agencies, including the National Labor Relations Board, the State Employment Relations Board, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, and the Industrial Commission of Ohio.
We are well-versed in collective bargaining negotiations, mediations, fact-finding, conciliations, unfair labor practice proceedings, civil service disciplinary proceedings, and grievance arbitrations. Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience necessary to provide public sector entities with proficient legal advice on a wide range of issues such as:
– Advising governmental representatives on municipal law issues impacting public employers and employees
– Counseling public sector employers in wage and hour laws, civil rights, discrimination laws, unemployment laws and workers’ compensation, wrongful termination, grievance arbitrations and negotiations, and wage and hour cases
– Negotiating contracts for public sector employers with law enforcement, fire, public works, and other unions
– Advising public sector employers in the disciplinary process through arbitration
– Overseeing internal harassment investigations for public sector entities
– Advising mayors, administrations, and councils about the interpretations and application of collective bargaining contract provisions
– Defense of public sector entities in individual and class action claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act
– Defense of public sector entities in discrimination, racial and sexual harassment, employment retaliation, first amendment retaliation, and wrongful termination cases
– Defense of public sector entities in civil rights cases, health care fraud, collection in financial litigation cases, and defense of employment discrimination claims
Our many longstanding relationships span decades, which reflects our commitment to our clients and our work ethic as well as our in-depth knowledge of our clients and their operations. Contact one of our public sector labor and employment attorneys for additional information.